Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Laura's Man V Horse Report

It was so amazing! I still can’t believe I did it! I am just in awe of our WMRC group…amazing people that really helped to get me in the right shape. Here is what I sent to my family…

Hey fam,

The results are in from my race: I was the third female to finish! My official time is 4 hours and 40 minutes. Yay. Attached are some pics. All the other peeps in my running club did the 50 mile race, so I was there for that start. It was surreal to see all the riders and horses with the beautiful landscape in the background – almost from another time. And we had a beautiful view of Prescott Valley in the background. I saw those runners off to start their race, then went back to the warm car (It was too cold to stand around and stretch!) and read my People magazine until my race started.

The race was awesome. I started slow and stayed with a couple girls I ended up knowing from running on Squaw Peak. When we reached the mountain, they slowed down, so I went ahead, and that’s when I saw all my training pay off. I just kept passing people! Really great weather that got a little colder as we increased elevation, but was perfect for running. I included a pic of the finish line (those two orange make-shift posts), because you can see how far it is from the mountain – about 3 miles – that I sprinted over (well, I FELT like I was sprinting) through to the finish! I’m very happy with my finish and my time!
Laura P.

No comments: