Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wednesday Reminder / 9.11 Reflection Run

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend even though the heat is still rolling. Reminder: Group trail run in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve tomorrow morning. Meet at the top of Squaw Peak Drive north of Glendale Ave. 5:17 AM. Plan on a little over one hour at a slow to moderate pace.
 9/11 Reflection Run: Sunday is 9/11. A day that our generation will never forget. We are going to meet at at 7:00 AM at Dreamy Draw Parking Lot (exit Northern off SR-51) for the annual "Reflection Run". This is a SLOW run in the preserve up and around red mound. Nothing better than running with a group on this day. Slow pace, good company, be thankful, reflect, look-forward.

5 comments:

Higg said...

A little background on the Reflection Run. 10 years ago on 9/11 I went out for a run that afternoon to take the days events in. The most lonely run I have ever had. No aircraft in the sky, no one else in the preserve. Not the right time to be alone. I told myself then I would never run alone on this day again. Hope to see everyone on Sunday. Higg

Bluedog said...

I am in for sure. My owner will be there also. It better be slow because I have only been able to swim the last 3 months. Chasing a ball isn't as fun as trail running.

Honey said...

Of course I'm in...could you supply a smaller flag this year Higg? That one was too heavy for Joe.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it Kevin. Thanks for organizing it and we'll see you there!

Jay said...

Traci and I are in.